Re: [Way off topic] the politics of ubuntu.org

ABrady wrote:
I came here to read, and maybe ask questions or provide answers, about
linux. Anybody know anything about that?

    Sure.  And to answer your question...

Click on Configuration
Click on Filtering
Click on "Define" on the Condition line.
Match type: Subject
Value: \[OT\]|\[.*off topic.8\]
Predicte: Contains
Check "use regexp"
Add
Ok
Define on the action line
Add
Ok
Ok again.

Sylpheed-claws has excellent filtering options. I would highly recommend you learn them. At times this list strays a bit from "debian and debian ONLY" but that's ok as it is Debian-USER. General concensus is that if it is of interest to the users it's ok to discuss for a short time. It's been that way for years prior to your arrival and I'm betting it shall be years after your arrival.