Re: [Way off topic] the politics of ubuntu.org

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:20:36 -0800
Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:

> ABrady wrote:
> > I came here to read, and maybe ask questions or provide answers,
> > about linux. Anybody know anything about that?
>
>      Sure.  And to answer your question...
>
> Click on Configuration
> Click on Filtering
> Click on "Define" on the Condition line.
> Match type: Subject
> Value: \[OT\]|\[.*off topic.8\]
> Predicte: Contains
> Check "use regexp"
> Add
> Ok
> Define on the action line
> Add
> Ok
> Ok again.
>
>      Sylpheed-claws has excellent filtering options.  I would highly
>      recommend
> you learn them.  At times this list strays a bit from "debian and
> debian ONLY" but that's ok as it is Debian-USER.  General concensus is
> that if it is of interest to the users it's ok to discuss for a short
> time.  It's been that way for years prior to your arrival and I'm
> betting it shall be years after your arrival.

I already knew how they worked. But I just exercised that knowledge
again.

I don't care about the OT stuff, except when it goes political. It
sickens me that so much uninformed claptrap is spewed based solely on
emotion, lack of coherent thought, and on complete and utter sheep
mentality.

It wasn't that the topic had gone OT on the other list I left, it was
because it headed into areas that were totally based on opinion rather
than fact. This thread has been no different in that regard.

Good day.

--
SoBig: An original Microsoft web crawler.