Re: Back from near death: exhausted. Question 1

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:10:31 +0100, Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> wrote:
> I have a CD with the /home backup. On the cashed system I kept a ToKeep
> folder into my Thunderbird's local folders with mail I wanted to keep.
> How do I reimport that and the old address book ?

If I understand what you mean correctly, then it should be easy.
Thunderbird uses the mbox format, so you can just move one mbox file
in place of another.  For instance, if you have myBackupInbox, you can
move that to Inbox and be ready to go.  If you're trying to merge,
then "select all" (alt-a) and "move to..." are your friends.

For the address book, you should be able to replace the new abook.mab
with the backed-up version.  If you've made any changes to the
abook.mab that's currently in place, you might have to re-enter some
of the data.  I'd take whichever is larger and hand-enter the smaller
one's data.  I'm sure it's possible to merge the files, but it's not a
simple plain-text format.

HTH

--
Michael A. Marsh