Re: Back from near death: exhausted. Question 1

I don't know specifically, but I set myself up a little while ago to copy my thunderbird files from my laptop to a workstation. When I open thunderbird on the workstation after copying the files, everything matches with the laptop.
So no explicit import necessary, just put it back where you copied it from.
If you don't know where the backup is from, I can't help you.
But it should be farely obvious if you look around.

Bob Alexander wrote:

After moving/resizing my /var,/usr/tmp and /home ext3 filesystems, Partition Magic ferociously disfigured my / partition (on which there also was the .15 stage GRUB loader so I could not even boot to XP anymore).

After some 9 hours I am mostly back and this time with all but / on LVMs :)

Now a maybe stupid question but I am really exhausted:

I have a CD with the /home backup. On the cashed system I kept a ToKeep folder into my Thunderbird's local folders with mail I wanted to keep. How do I reimport that and the old address book ?

Thank you very much.

Bob

PS I am documenting some of the nightmare process to rebirth on my wiki if it coul dbe use to others let me know ...