Re: ls color for bad symbolic link

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:48:34 -0500, Tong wrote:

> I remember that my previous distro can distinguish symbolic links as good
> or bad: good links are show as normal link color whereas bad links are
> shown as red.
>
> How can I do that in Debian? Thanks

Thanks everyone for the respond... yet I'm still looking for the answer
that I want -- the fact is I have no problem showing colors using ls. Just
need to distinguish bad symbolic link from good ones.

Ok, let's take a look at an example:

touch a
ln -s a l1
ln -s no l2
rm no

ls --color=auto

Do l1 and l2 show up in same color?

In my Debian, they are, but in my RH, l2 show up red.