Re: problem with cdrom

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 13:37, Alberto Bert wrote:

> # dmesg | grep hdb
>     ide0: BM-DMA at 0xcfa0-0xcfa7, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
>     hdb: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R6012, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
>     hdb: ATAPI 24X DVD-ROM DVD-R CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
>     hdb: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
>     Error }

This is the error that comes back when the software outputs the command to the
drive to do something.  The 1 in the 0x51 is the bit that says this command
has an error, the 5 just says the drive is ready to accept another command
(ignore the text the SeekComplete is wrong).

When the error bit is set, the software should go and read the error value ...

>     hdb: packet command error: error=0x50

which should be here.  The 5 is the 0x50 is the "sense key" a value returned
by the drive to say what is wrong, but it is supposed to be command dependant
but I don't know what the command is, and I can't find any details in the
spec for the sense value even if I did.

>     hdb: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
>     Error }
>     hdb: packet command error: error=0x50

This just repeats the same error.

--