Re: distro for novices

Matt Price wrote:

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 12:07:49PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 12:56 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
Hi folks,
I had a bit of a wake up call this week when I tried out Ubuntu.  I
Have you tried Gnoppix?

er, no, is it much differentfrom the Ubuntu livecd (the one linked to
from Ubuntu's website)?

Mepis www.mepis.org . "Just Works" on 2 different laptops I've tried. USB external drives, thumbdrives, ethernet, modem ( lucent winmodem ), sound, video, even wireless nic! Nice choice of applications for a 1 cdrom distro. Easy install from the live cd.

Good luck