Re: Partition Resizing

At Monday, 13 December 2004, Harland Christofferson <debian-user@zerocrossings.
com> wrote:

>At Monday, 13 December 2004, Dave Ewart <davee@sungate.co.uk> wrote:
>
>*snip*
>>
>>To be honest, I'm not sure.  If you were planning to re-partition and
>>fdisk, then you'll be backing up anyway ... So, do you backup,
then try
>>qtparted :-)
>>
>>Dave.
>>--
>>Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org
>>All email from me is now digitally signed, key from http://www.
sungate.
>co.uk/
>
>Dave,
>
>Well, it is a raid1 mirror anyway. In a previous post, I explained
>that I noticed the partition table was incorrect about a week ago.
>I cfdisk-ed it and reformatted the partitions i recreated w/ cfdisk.
>After I copied the data from /dev/hda back onto /dev/hdc, I started
>mdadm. During the resynching process, the partitions for hdc1 and
>hdc2 got messed up ... again.
>
>I hope to get to this again later tonight.
>
>Harland
>
>http://www.zerocrossings.com/
>
>-

Well, a _funny_ thing happened. I took the system down this a.m.
to put another drive in (/dev/hdd) so I could backup data from /dev/hda.
After reboot, partitioning /dev/hdd and formating /dev/hdd partitions,
I  fdisk -l /dev/hdc (and all drives for that matter) and I was
surprised to see that the partition table is now correct after rebooting
-- hdc was the drive that previously had the hdc1 and hdc2 partitions
defined across cylinder boundaries.

Can anyone explain this?

Harland

Zero Crossings, Inc. -- Embedded and Digital Signal Processing Systems

http://www.zerocrossings.com/