Re: Fully open source java (and jsp) under Woody and Sarge

On Monday 13 Dec 2004 18:06, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/avdyk/

Thanks for your very timely answer.

I have to say that from reading the page you sent, we did not understand how
to make jsp work under Debian using Open Source packages.

Is there any further documentation we could use? We are using Apache as main
web server (1.3.31).

Is there a list of Open Source jre / sdk / j2ee equivalents available for
Debian somewhere?

From the article, it seems that

gij-wrapper-3.4 (3.4.3-2)
java-sablevm (1.1.6-6)
kaffe (1.1.4.PRECVS5-1)
jamvm (1.2.0-3)

are all Open Source equivalent. Is that right?

Concerning re-posting with different subjects, we thought we posted with the
wrong subject. We are a small business, which is making a *BIG* effort (both
in time and money) in order to convert our operations to Open Source. We do
not always have the time for searching all the possible options from scratch
and then compare them and so son on. For these reasons, we use the mailing
list (not very often, we have to say).