Variations of partition sizes (df)

Hi,

Here is something I find quite peculiar.

I have 2 boxes, one of which is called remotebox, the other
'localbox'.

I have mounted a partition called '/data' of 'remotebox'
on 'localbox' over shfs (SSH File System).

'remotebox' is RH9 (Shrike)
'localbox' is Debian 3.1

When I check for partition usage, I get these weird values:

This is the actual information on the 'remotebox' itsellf.

[remotebox]# df -h
Filesystem              Size  Used Avail
/dev/sda6               199G  139G   60G

This is what it is reported on Windows over Samba

Samba:
Filesystem              Size  Used Avail
/data                   198G  138G   59G

This is what is reported when mounted over shfs in the 'localbox'

[localbox]# df -h
Filesystem              Size  Used Avail
root@remotebox:/data/   793G  556G  238G

Now, the values obtained from 'remotebox' and from Samba are OK.

After all, the total disk capacity on the 'remotebox' is 246 GB.
And, the '/data' partition was created to be 200 GB.

The weird result is when try to read the capacity of the
mounted partition... It tells me I have a total of 793 GB
of which 555 GB is available..

This is blatantly wrong.

Why could that be?

Cheers,