Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:01:41 -0500
From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Editing PDF forms

Dave Howorth wrote:
>Does anybody know of a way to edit PDF forms then save the result?

<snip>

I fill out the IRS PDF forms and save them.

Use pstoedit and transfig to create a .fig file of the PDF, like:

pstoedit -f "fig:-startdepth 999" <in> <out>%d.fig

Then use xfig to edit the file.
Export it to eps (what you needed transfig for) and print it.
You can keep the fig files for re-editing.

I used to keep XP around just for Adobe to do this. Adobe does,
depending on what release of xfig, a "better" job. But this certainly
works great.

Regards,

Hugo.