LTSP Packages

[apologies for cross-posting, but the subject is a cross-over itself]

I'm trying to configure my "big" debian workstation as a LTSP server for my other computers.

There is a non-debian set of deb packages for the basic LTSP stuff, but nothing for the modules necessary for Sound, Wireless. These are only available as TGZ packages.

Isn't there some way in which I can convert these TGZ packages to DEB packages and then install them? I know that LTSP is typically dedicated to only the /opt directories and I'm not sure if it would be easier to just stick with the TGZ files and ignore DEB since LTSP seems to be dedicated to a directory that isn't affected by Debian in any way.

Experiences?
Theories?