Re: How many packages

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 12:11 +0200, Reza wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question about installing Sarge and I am  not sure if I am
> sending this to the right place. I am graetful if you over send this
> to the right person (place) in case it is necessary.
> I have used Debian installer to download Sarge. I started two days ago
> and since then packages are droping in and they are already almsot 600
> of them.

You are on a dial-up line, right?

Buy an ISO instead.  Much higher "bandwidth", that way.

> I have chosen only desktop manager (not server options) and my
> question is how many packages I should expect to be down loaded
> tottaly.

Lots.  I have almost 1800 installed.

  $ dpkg -l | wc
     1755   15056  125393

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"During the procedure, generally performed in the second
trimester, a fetus is partially delivered and its skull is
punctured."
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040401/ap_on_
re_us/abortion_lawsuits&e=3