Re: instalation problem

Hello

lado samushia (<inxaton@yahoo.com>) wrote:

> I'm gonna migrate to Linux and would like to install
> Debian on my comp. I have already downloaded iso
> images and burnt them on CDs; problem is that when I
> insert the CD and restart it doesn't boot Debian (in
> setup menu primary boot device is CD-ROM and when I
> insert Windows XP installation disk it does).
>
> could you help me, please, to figure out whats the
> problem and how to fix it.

The most common reason for this problem is that you burned the CD the
wrong way. You need to create a CD from the image, not create a file
system on the CD and write the image to it. Check the contents of the
CD. If there is only the image file on the disc, you did it the wrong
way.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270