Re: Audio Problem

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:07:04 +0200, Andrea Vettorello
wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:43:42 -0700 (PDT), Sergio
Basurto
> <basurto@canada.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Debian: Sarge
> > Kernel: 2.4.27-1-386
> >
> > I have a problem with and audio card, I already
> install
> > the needed modules in my case:
> >
> > #lspci
> > (...)
> > 0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia Audio Controller: Intel Corp
> > 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC97 Audio Controller (rev
02)
> > (...)
> >
> > #lsmod
> > Module        Size   Used by  Not taited
> > (...)
> > i810_audio    21372   2
> > ac97_codec    11252   0       [i810_audio]
> > soundcore      3268   2       [i810_audio]
> > (...)
> >
> > now the question is, if I have the correct modules
for
> > my sound card
> >
> > 1. why I can not hear any sound?.
> > 2  How can I configure the sound card once the
modules
> > are loaded?
> > 3. There is a command to do this?, which one?
> >
> > I already try sndconf
> >
> > I will appreciate any help or point to a source.
> >

> If you don't have any error messages, like devices
> unavailable or like
> that, and your user is in the audio group, maybe you
> only need to
> raise the volume, so you can try it installing a mixer
> package...
> (this is only a guess)
>
> To pass some configuring options to your soundcard
> (what options
> depends on your brand or model) IIRC you can add them
> on your
> /etc/modutils file.
>

> Andrea

Thanks for the feedback, I already have a mixer, and it
does not work, I think may be I have the wrong driver
installed. Is posible load a driver even if this one is
not the correct?

I am trying other thing right now I did this
#cat file.wav >/dev/audio
Device or resource busy

any idea.

Thanks again.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)