Re: Knoppix boot vs debian boot

Hello

Jerome Lacoste (<jerome@coffeebreaks.org>) wrote:

> long time Debian user, I often use Knoppix for rescue and test
> operations.
>
> There are things that makes the Knoppix boot lean and clean, e.g. the
> hardware autodetection, etc...
>
> But I don't have that on my unstable boxes. So I am wondering if it's
> a Knoppix special feature or if I don't have installed the required
> packages or configured them correctly.

Knoppix has its own system to find hardware, but if you use unstable
with kernel 2.6, hotplug should be able do find most of your hardwareas
well and load the necessary drivers. Maybe you also want to take a look
at discover or discover1.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270