Re: Confusing sound issues (ALSA, jackd, etc.)

Inge - waves of empathy....
i had a very similar set of problems...finally found out about the
realtime-lsm,  but simply could not get the damned thing to compile,(see
my mail of yesterday - maybe someone will still be able to help) so
you were a step ahead of me...

i am now trying with a demudi install....an improvement for me, but it
still is not doing all it should.

What with that and a grizzly bug in audacity that means i can't edit with
that either, i also contemplate throwing in the towel after a decade of
*nix use... It really is still a bit of an uphill battle.

Hopefully Agnula will produce something worthwhile, most importantly
because they seem to be intent on producing documentation. good :)
The problem at the moment seems to be that the different distros, and the
2.4/2.6 and all the 2.6's all are sufficiently different on the alsa/&c
things to make any partial clues culled from google not always very
useful.

Do let us know if you have a breakthrough/insights.
dee