Re: Debian Install with Parellel Support

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 06:24, Vernon Webb wrote:
> I hate to keep posting new here, but I'm not getting anywhere.
>
> I've read that Debain does not get installed with parallel support by
> default and has to be enabled at the kernel level.
>
> I'm running the woody version of Debian and am some what new to Debain as
> I've mostly used Red Hat and am wondering if there is an easy way on the
> first install to enable this option other than building and compiling my own
> kernel. Any help would be appreciated.

generally the install will also install necessary modules for
everything, you just have to load them.

all of the modules are in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/

you can use "modprobe <modulename>" to load them. for example "modprobe
parport"

you can list the modules you want loaded at boot in /etc/modules

-matt