Re: Debian Install with Parellel Support

Vernon Webb said:
> I hate to keep posting new here, but I'm not getting anywhere.
>
> I've read that Debain does not get installed with parallel support by
> default and has to be enabled at the kernel level.
>
> I'm running the woody version of Debian and am some what new to Debain as
> I've mostly used Red Hat and am wondering if there is an easy way on the
> first install to enable this option other than building and compiling my own
> kernel. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

As root, run "modconf" and go through the menu's to see if there is any module
for parallel ports.

I do not have the stock kernel (or a debian packaged kernel) on my system, so
I do not know for sure if it is there or not. If not, you may have to end up
compiling your own kernel. I would say that it has been included as a module
though (parallel ports are rather common, just not always used).

--
Robert Vangel
  * RedFlag LANfest