Re: PHP problems (Warning: session_start(): read returned less bytes than requested)

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 16:08, Bojan Baros hurled the following on the
wire:
> Hello Joost.
>
> Here's the code from session.php of the gallery (1.4.4-1):
>
> /* emulate register_globals for sessions */
> if (!$gallery->register_globals) {

I don't have the original post, but I think you where running this box at home
not?
You could try to enable register globals in your php.ini file:

/etc/php4/apache/php.ini

This is less secure, so it's better not to keep it that way, but it would be
nice to know if that fixes the problem or not.
The specific part is only called when register globals is off, so enabling it
would tell us whether it is really specific to this code, or that maybe
there's a more general problem.

Could you try that, make sure to reload your apache before you test.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.