Re: /proc/loadavg disagrees with top and ps

Edvard Majakari wrote:

John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> writes:

As such, load averages below 1 mean system doesn't have any processes
(except perhaps the one being run) waiting to be served.

I believe it includes the one running.
.96 is very far from idle.

Yes, that's why I put the "(except perhaps the one being run)" part. Sorry
for the misleading statement. Shouldn't write stuff before actually waking
up..

Some twenty years ago, I was on a communications course,and one of the things I learned then and still recall as that the shopper being served is in the queue.

I learned things about queues then that supermarkets still get wrong:-((

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait