Re: libxine1 or xserver-xfree86 bug? (Was: on sarge xine crashes X)

 --- Fabio Marzocca <marzocca@mclink.it> wrote:
> I have the same problem (X crashes on xine.) If I
> run xine -V XShm it works
> fine, so the problem is related to XVideo of my ATI
> Rage Pro card. XFree86
> 4.3 ATI driver does not support XVideo. I should try
> installing gatos
> drivers, but it could be a mess when XFree
> updates...

I like the rest of you have had that problem with
xine.   However, i don't think it's limited to xine, I
think it's X.   It happened right after I 'apt-get
upgrad'ed sarge june 30th (i've only recently gotten
the hang of this list).   This problem happens with
any mpeg or avi file with xine, xmovie, VLC programs.
 X restarts as soon as the file plays.   I initially
thought it was just xmovie, so I installed xine, and i
found that just opening xine  restarted X.   Versus,
playing the file on xmovie or VLC.   My roomate has
the same problem.

-faithful