Re: libxine1 or xserver-xfree86 bug? (Was: on sarge xine crashes X)

On 2. August 2004 at 3:16PM +0200,
"Fabio Marzocca" <marzocca@mclink.it> wrote:

> I have the same problem (X crashes on xine.) If I run xine -V
> XShm it works fine, so the problem is related to XVideo of my
> ATI Rage Pro card. XFree86 4.3 ATI driver does not support
> XVideo. I should try installing gatos drivers, but it could be
> a mess when XFree updates...

Over a year ago I had a Rage card of some sort (I suspect it was
a Pro).  I didn't use the ATI driver that came with the Debian
XFree86 package.  I used the special mach64 driver, which got me
OpenGL in addition to XVideo support.  I got mine from the second
of the three links below.  The third link appears to be the
"home" page for the driver.

http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-mach64/
http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-mach64-sid/
http://www.retinalburn.net/linux/index.html