Re: Getting photos from USB compactFlash into linux

> Try `lsmod | grep usb_storage` and if there is no return

OK:
$ lsmod | grep usb_
$
There was no return.

> try `modprobe usb-storage`
> and then add `usb-storage` to your /etc/modules <br>file.

>  That _should_ allow you to mount it. If not it may be a problem
>with your dev files- in which case, I am not well suited to answer your
>problem and it _may_ be fixed by resarting (after adding usb-storage to
>your /etc/modules

root@a2000xp:/etc# vi /etc/modules
root@a2000xp:/etc# lsmod | grep usb_storage
usb_storage            67904  0
usbcore               113952  6 usb_storage,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd
ide_core              141592  4 usb_storage,ide_disk,ide_generic,sis5513
scsi_mod              124556  3 usb_storage,sd_mod,libata
root@a2000xp:/etc#
root@a2000xp:/etc# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /usb
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
root@a2000xp:/etc# mount -t vfat /dev/sda2 /usb
mount: /dev/sda2 is not a valid block device
root@a2000xp:/etc# ls -ld /usb
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Jul 28 19:47 /usb
root@a2000xp:/etc# mount -t vfat /dev/sda /usb
mount: /dev/sda is not a valid block device

I'll try a reboot now.  Thanks,

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com