Re: Setting Gnome Mail Client

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 14:13 +0100, Keith O'Connell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Gnome in testing, and am having a little trouble with
> setting the mail client. I use, as the whim takes me, either Sylpheed-
[...]
> I am using the "Preferred Applications setup app, and in Mail Reader:
> Custom Mail Reader, I put either;
>
> 	gnuclient --eval '(gnus-msg-mail "%t" "%s")'
> 	sylpheed-claws --compose %t
>
> Which have worked for me in the past, but instead of %t and %s parsing
> the address and subject (where appropriate), %t an %s appear in the
> fields instead!

Looks like you've got two different things going on: One is that %t is
meaningless in this context, the other is that when you quote %s, it
passes it through without performing the substitution. This seems like a
bug, because escaping the quotes doesn't make it work either. It seems
that it's only double-quotes that cause the non-substitution, try using
only single quotes...

-Mark