Re: IceWM on Testing

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:37:36 -0500
"Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net> wrote:

> Ok, so I'm really liking the new features in Testing so far, but I'm
> still learning about various little kinks.
>
> One is the "command line" in the taskbar for IceWM. In Woody, this
> worked great. In Testing, I'm finding that an occasional program
> doesn't like to be started from this command line, but an rxvt works
> fine. An example is OpenOffice (installed via apt-get).
>
> Also, while I can type things in this command line, highlight
> everything and hit the backspace to clear it, the backspace won't work
> to move back a single character. The arrow buttons on the keyboard
> also don't work in this command line. This makes it hard, as you have
> to make sure you don't make a typo.
>
> And finally, after you enter a command and hit enter, it changes your
> focus from the command line to the last window you had open on the
> current desktop, until the new program opens. I would prefer it keep
> its focus on the command line until the program starts.
>
> I've looked at all the options in icepref but couldn't find anything
> that would fix this. I also thought maybe I had bumped my Scroll Lock
> button or something, but messing with it didn't seem to change the
> function of the command line any.

Turns out it wasn't certain programs, just iceWM having strange "moods".
And after it won't start a program or two, my backspace button would
stop working.

I never was able to figure out what caused it, but my Sarge installation
(up to date as of early this afternoon) finally appears to be rid of
this bug.

Just for archive/google purposes.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #30:
Free Software: the Software by the People, of the People and for the
People.
http://www.linux.org