Re: Couple Questions Before I install for first time.

On (29/07/04 08:12), Jason Skala wrote:
> Thanks everyone that replied to this, apparently it is easier then I
> thought to get everything I want on the install. Hopefully I should not
> run into any problems and it will all go smooth if not I know I can come
> here and get some help.
> A couple of you replied saying Sarge is the way to go and not Woody?
> Is sarge stable and secure enough for a live server? This server is not a
> test box but rather my everyday server that I need, so what is everyones
> opinion on sarge in a live environment? And is it going to replace woody
> as the stable release anytime soon?
Hi Jason

I haven't followed this thread closely but FWIW although I run sid on my
workstation and sarge on another box for playing with, my servers are
rock solid woody, no gui. Although sarge is relatively stable (ish) because it
is nearing release, it is not yet there.  Security fixes take time to hit
sarge  (longer than sid).

HTH

Clive

--