Re: Howto: CUPS Printing from OpenOffice.org -- Why the Huge Delay?

I went back into CUPS and found the new printer entry had "Printer Fault!" next to it. I switched from the "recommended" printer driver for the HP940c to the "HP New" driver that came with CUPS and the printer starts up immediately. Thanks for the tip.

Ed

Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:

Ed Sutherland wrote:

I have found that occasionally CUPS tends to stop printers without any action from me, but they can always be restarted via this admin web page.