Re: Howto: CUPS Printing from OpenOffice.org -- Why the Huge Delay?

Ed Sutherland wrote:

I set up my HP940c inkjet printer in CUPS using the HP-DeskJet_950C-hpijs.ppd file. After I hit the "Print" command in OpenOffice, nothing prints, even though the status says "processing." The printer shows no signs it is receiving anything (usually there is a blinking light.)

Is there anyway to speed-up printing? Thanks.

Ed

If you haven't used CUPS before, you may not know that it can be administered through a web page local to your computer (check the manual to find the address). If you check the admin page, you can see if CUPS thinks the printer is running, and restart it if it isn't.

I have found that occasionally CUPS tends to stop printers without any action from me, but they can always be restarted via this admin web page.

--
Best regards,

Peter Hugosson-Miller