Re: No fonts/text in GTK2 apps

MrVanes wrote:
Since some time I don't have any fonts/text in GTK2 apps anymore.
Everywhere characters should be , there's void and spacing is like minimal,
so it looks like font nothing, with space 0 is selected or so.
The configure app switch (for GTK1) has text, switch2 is empty like the rest
of the GTK2 apps.

I normally use KDE, so it's not a very big deal but Mozilla recently
switched to GTK2 for firefox 0.9rc and now it's starting to become
annoying. Anybody ANY idea where to start looking?

It looks like all dependencies for my packages are met. (lib)Pango, freetype
and xft are all installed and up and running (as far as I understand). GTK1
apps work normal, like I said...

Regards,
Martin
Hello list,

I guess the fonts on Martin's computer are 'invisible' because very small.

From time to time, when I start my Debian sid, gdm displays and the fonts in it are so small that I can't read anything. If I log in (XFCE + GNOME-panel), then all apps have tiny fonts. So I kill gdm and restart it then it is fine, but I don't understand... :-(

Several weeks ago, I swear I spent a lot of time googling around, checking man pages and trying to understand more about fonts, but I'm still weak at it. Is it that complicated?

Honestly, I don't have time these days to find out more by myself.
And you will agree with me that font problems are _very_ disturbing!

=> Could anyone give us a link to a good Fonts troubleshooting document?

Thanks in advance.
Sylvain.