Re: package removal

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:28:18 +0200 (METDST)
Sebastiaan <S.Breedveld@ewi.tudelft.nl> wrote:

> with the testing dist-upgrade I did last week, some packages were
> removed. Usually I trust apt and Debian not to remove application
> packages, but this time it removed xv.

For something to be removed, you have to answer "y" to the question
of whether you want them to be.  Presumably, you did.

> Now I can't find this package in the Debian tree anymore, neither did
> apt give me a reason why this package has been obsoleted or came with an
> alternative.
>
> Ideas where to find information why packages are obsoleted and removed
> from the tree?

Google?  The archives of this mailing list?  Both contain info on
why xv was removed from Debian.  I went to Google and did a search
on "xv removed Debian" and the very first result contained an
answer to your question.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)