Re: Tuning X

I haven't the foggiest on how to accomplish this.  I tried on shell dialog
dpkgconfig of xf86config but aborted it when I could no longer answer its
question. Never got to any direct-rendoring support. It is included here
somewhere along the line but it might be easier to edit the config file it
produces and leave everything else alone.

This is the output of an /usr/sbin/mkxf86config command (no man page
available):
root@d_baron:~# mkxf86config
 Video is Mach64 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X, using XFree86(ati) Server
 Monitor is MAG5779, H:30-70kHz, V:50-120Hz
 Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

This was set up to simply ATI by Knoppix and I entered more details from
Knoppix configuration dialogs. I am running at 1024x768, 70mhz. Actaully, the
monitor is a MAG XJ500T. I entered this as well. Makes little difference.

This script may have other goodies in it but is hard to read. Text "DRI",
"Rendering", etc., are not found there.