Re: console font size

Sometime near Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:51:18AM +0100, konf wrote:
> hello,
> when i boot my debian box [no X windows installed) i see too big
> console fonts.how could i reduce font size ?
> thanks in advance

At the lilo boot: prompt Find out the name of your Linux kernel image
(Linux by default) then to boot into a 1024x768 ultra sexy frame buffer
mode enter Linux vga=0x317

eg

	LILO Boot Menu
        -> Linux
	   Windows :P

boot: Linux vga=0x317

If this works fine then add the line vga=0x317 to /etc/lilo.conf and run
the command `lilo` as root. Should be a permanent thing then :)
--
Cheers,
rinmak <rinmak@technine.org>