Re: ati radeon 9200 - slow 3d acceleration

2004. január 17. 22:49 dátummal Roberto Sanchez ezt írta:
> LeVA wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have an ati radeon 9200 card, and want to use it's 3d
> > acceleration.
> >
> > Info:
> >
> >  o XFree86 Version 4.3.99.902 (4.4.0 RC 2)
> >    - radeon drm as module (from the Xdrm.tgz package, source)
>
> XFree86 4.3 from experimental will do just fine, unless you would
> rather use the binary fglrx module, which is available for
> X 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3.  Thus you can run Woody, Sarge, or Sid, and
> it will work.
>
> >  o Driver from the ati's hp 3.7.0
> >    - fglrx (xfree driver, and kernel module by that name)
> >    - ati's libGL.so
>
> Good, that is the latest release.
>
> >  o linux-2.4.24 kernel
> >    - agpgart as module
> >    - radeon drm as module
>
> You should really compile AGPGART into the kernel, but it is
> ultimately a matter of preference.
>
> > I have to load the fglrx kernel module first, and after that, I can
> > load the agpgart, and radeon drm modules.
>
> This is WRONG.  You first load the agpgart module, and then the
> radeon OR fglrx, but not both.  This should be accomlished by adding
> the appropriate lines to /etc/modules.

Done.

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
fglrx                 167336   0  (unused)
agpgart                16800   0  (unused)
..
.

I've restarted X, but as you can see, they are still unused. What could
be the problem? Even if I start the glxgears, they are stay unused. Is
this because I didn't load the DRI module in XF86Config file?

> > I've also downloaded that SDLgears-1.0.2.tar.gz
> > (http://www.libsdl.org/opengl/SDLgears-1.0.2.tar.gz) and compiled
> > it, and I can see those gears spinning.
>
> What is the framerate you are getting?

~200.
with fullscreen ~50.

> > My problem is (at least I think it is a problem), that when I start
> > X, and start that glxgears program, and during this I type 'lsmod'
> > to a console, I see that no process is using the loaded modules
> > (fglrx, agpgart etc...), although I'm using the fglrx driver in my
> > XF86Config file.
>
> That in because you must load agpgart first (see my comment above).
>
> > Programs, which needs 3d acceleration (tuxracer, unreal tournament)
> > are very slow, but that glxgears program tells me, that it runs at
> > 240fps.
>
> What is the output of `glxinfo |grep render'?  You almost certainly
> do not have direct rendering enabled.  Also, what is in your
> /var/log/XFree86.log and /etg/X11/XF86-Config4?

This is true, I don't have  the direct rendering enabled, because I can
not load it with xfree. I've explained in my message, that I can not use
both GLX (which I need for the glxgear program to work) and the DRI
module. I must choose from those. If I load both the GLX and the DRI
modules in xfree, and using 'fglrx' xfree driver, then the X doesn't
start, and I get this error message in the XFree86.0.log:

Fatal server error:
__glXExtensionInit: AddExtensions failed

If I enable both the GLX and the DRI (again), but using the 'radeon'
xfree driver, X simply hangs my system and I have reset.

If I understand you clearly, I need the GLX and the DRI module too, for
a working 3d acceleration?

My kernel config:

<M> /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
[*]   Intel 440LX/BX/GX and I815/I820/I830M/I830MP/I840/I845/I850/I860
support
[ ]   ATI IGP chipset support
Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRI support)  --->
	[*] Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRI support)
	[ ]   Build drivers for old (XFree 4.0) DRM
	--- DRM 4.1 drivers
	<M>   ATI Radeon

In my XF86Config:

        Load            "glx"