ati radeon 9200 - slow 3d acceleration

Hi!

I have an ati radeon 9200 card, and want to use it's 3d acceleration.

Info:

 o XFree86 Version 4.3.99.902 (4.4.0 RC 2)
   - radeon drm as module (from the Xdrm.tgz package, source)
 o Driver from the ati's hp 3.7.0
   - fglrx (xfree driver, and kernel module by that name)
   - ati's libGL.so
 o linux-2.4.24 kernel
   - agpgart as module
   - radeon drm as module

I have to load the fglrx kernel module first, and after that, I can load
the agpgart, and radeon drm modules.
I've also downloaded that SDLgears-1.0.2.tar.gz
(http://www.libsdl.org/opengl/SDLgears-1.0.2.tar.gz) and compiled it,
and I can see those gears spinning.

My problem is (at least I think it is a problem), that when I start X,
and start that glxgears program, and during this I type 'lsmod' to a
console, I see that no process is using the loaded modules (fglrx,
agpgart etc...), although I'm using the fglrx driver in my XF86Config
file.
Programs, which needs 3d acceleration (tuxracer, unreal tournament) are
very slow, but that glxgears program tells me, that it runs at 240fps.

I'm loading the glx, and the GLcore modules, but I can not load the dri
module too. It conflicts with the glx mod, so when I select to load
both of them, I get this error (when starting x):

Fatal server error:
__glXExtensionInit: AddExtensions failed

I must choose, wether to load the dri or the glx module. But I think I
need both of them, cause when I start glxgears, it says:
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

And when starting unrealtournament, I get this error message:

X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XFree86-DGA)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  2 (XF86DGADirectVideo)
  Serial number of failed request:  114
  Current serial number in output stream:  115
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.
XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server ":0.0"
      after 125 requests (123 known processed) with 5 events remaining.

All of the above errors are with the 'fglrx' xfree driver, and glx (no
dri then) and glcore loaded .

I tried to use xfree's 'radeon' driver, with xfree's libGL.so, and fglrx
kernel module unloaded. The speed of the glxgears was still high
(~120fps), and tuxracer was still very slow, but I could at least start
unreal tournament. But that was pretty slow too.
I think that my system doesn't use the 3d acceleration of my radeon card
at all.

Which xfree driver do you recommend, the 'fglrx' or the buil-tin
'radeon' driver?
And what modules do I need to load (glx,dri,glcore?), if I want to play
3d games smoothly?
Anybody have the same problem with an ati card?

Thanks for the help!

Daniel

--
LeVA