Inline PGP signatures and headers created by mutt

I am subscribed to a couple of Yahoo mailing lists, "bjh" for fans of
Barclay James Harvest and "progressivemusicforum" for general discussion
of progressive rock.

The Yahoo list server strips all attachments from mail to the "bjh" list -
including PGP signatures. Grrr. So I set "pgp_create_traditional" in mutt in
order to produce an inline signature.

Result? The posting is rejected entirely. The Yahoo list server sees the
header "Content-Type: application/pgp; x-action=sign; format=text", ignores
the "format=text", thinks "This is not a plain text message" and bounces the
posting with an error message saying that "only plain text messages are
allowed".

I notice that some PGP users on this list post inline-signed messages, with
"Content-Type:" headers such as:

and I would like to know:

1) Are these "Content-Type:" headers in any way modified/rewritten by the
   [digest version of] the Debian list server?
2) If (1) is false, are any of our inline-signers using mutt? (The digest
   server's header weeding prevents me from determining this by inspecting
   the headers.)
3) If (2) is true, how does one configure mutt to produce an inline-signed
   message with a "Content-Type: text/plain;...." header instead of
   "...application/pgp;...format=text"? The otherwise very comprehensive
   documentation when you hit F1 gives me no clue on this.

(Of course, I have complained to Yahoo about this (and have also complained
about the "progressivemusicforum" list server, which doesn't strip PGP
signatures, but does sometimes mangle the bodies of signed messages) and
(not much to my surprise) have received no response.)

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons