Re: No Java on Thunderbird and Sid ?

* Uwe Dippel (udippel@uniten.edu.my) wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:50:06 +0100, Rafael Alexandre Schmitt wrote:
>
> > Wich is wrong , you need gcc32 libjava , otherwise java will not work
> > under mozilla firebird.
> > That's the reason blackdown java doesn't make any effect.
>
> Okay, does that mean that Blackdown does *not* work ? I did make my
> homework and in the archives I found a few posts suggesting exactly to use
> the Blackdown.
> Can you confirm this ? Then I'll have to go through the process at
> java.sun.com ...

From mozilla-firebird faq:

Mozilla Firebird is compiled with gcc 3.2.3, so a compatible version of
the Java plugin must be used. JRE 1.4.2 contains a compatible plugin.

If you installed the JRE 1.4.2_01 RPM, this plugin is
/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_01/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so and
to install it for Mozilla Firebird, do the following:

Open a terminal
Change to your Mozilla Firebird plugins directory
Issue the following command: ln -s
/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_01/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

If you are using an older Linux distribution, you may need to install
the gcc3 support libraries, as the gcc 3.2 version of the Java plugin
requires libgcc_s.so.1 to operate. You may be able to find packages
using Google.

--
Rafael Alexandre Schmitt