Re: renew SSL key used in apache-ssl

On Thursday January  8 at 06:44am
Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com> wrote:

> Where does one find 'ssl-certificate'?  I've tried to 'locate' it with
> no success.  Checked and it's not an openssl command.  Looked for a
> package that might contain it using apt-cache search.  But turning up
> nothing.

jkoenig@note:~$ apt-cache search ssl certificate
libneon19 - An HTTP and WebDAV client library
ca-certificates - Common CA Certificates PEM files
libneon23 - An HTTP and WebDAV client library
openssl - Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related cryptographic
tools pyca - Certification Authority written in python
ssl-cert - Simple debconf wrapper for openssl
libapache-mod-ssl - Strong cryptography (HTTPS support) for Apache
libneon24 - An HTTP and WebDAV client library
jkoenig@note:~$ apt-cache show ssl-cert
Package: ssl-cert
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: Debian Apache Maintainers <debian-apache@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.0-6
Depends: debconf (>= 0.5)
Filename: pool/main/s/ssl-cert/ssl-cert_1.0-6_all.deb
Size: 5364
MD5sum: d040914e2e41e4ed7a35654fa8a90cbe
 This is a package to enable unattended installs of software that
 need to create ssl certificates.
 Basically, it's just a wrapper for openssl req that feeds it the
correct user variables.

jkoenig@note:~$
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Jane's Addiction - Classic Girl : Ritual De Lo Habitual