Re: Zope

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:38:27PM -0500 or thereabouts, Stephen wrote:
> When upgrading from Stable to Sarge, Zope changed, and now doesn't
> startup. The following is offered when attempting to start zope:
>
> 	zopectl start
> 	Starting Zope instance default...
> 	 failed: missing required
> 	 path(/var/lib/zope/instance/default/access)
> 	  Waiting instances in late: done.
> 	  default: start: missing required
> 	  path(/var/lib/zope/instance/default/access)
>
> This is a straight upgrade, from what was a working Zope config. Any
> suggestions?

Ok I figured this out -- for the archives, here is the solution.

Issue the command 'zopectl -a default' -- this will create the default
user, and prompt the user for p/l information. Once done, then start up
Zope, by issuing the following command 'zopectl start'. Then login and
start playing. Note, if one has SSL already running with a webserver,
than the default port 8080 will not work. Usually zope falls back to
port 9673, so that will need to be in the browser URL>

--
Stephen