Re: Startup script ?

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:09:49 +0200, Marc Hultquist wrote:

> Just wanted to ask
>
> Ok well using apt-get through the proxy here at work, finally started
> working, basically I had to import a global variable I.E export
> http_proxy="blabla/"
>
> Now what I wanted to ask, is how do I create a startup script in Debian,
> so that whenever the machine is re-started, rebooted or anything like
> that, that when it boots again that it will get the http_proxy for its
> global variable ? I.E where do I put the script and how do I make it so
> that the script is run everytime the machine restarts ?

If you want it set any time anybody logs in, put it in /etc/profile.

Note that this won't get set in an X terminal unless you ensure that your
X terminal starts as a login terminal - check your X terminal's man page
or help menu item for how to do this.

Oh, and:

please don't post in HTML
please line wrap

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.