Problems with apt-get upgrade -y and crontab

From the cron daemon email I get wrt to apt-get (which I run from root's
crontab):

Subject: Cron <root@joseph-a-nagy-jr> /usr/bin/apt-get upgrade -y

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
The following packages have been kept back
  gaim libggz1 libgnomeprint2.2-0 libgnomeprint2.2-data libgnutls7 php4
The following packages will be upgraded
  debconf debconf-i18n debconf-utils gettext gettext-base
  linux-kernel-headers python python2.3 python2.3-tk xml-core
10 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Need to get 3161kB/6162kB of archives.
After unpacking 897kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main debconf-i18n 1.4.3 [51.2kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main debconf 1.4.3 [88.1kB]
Get:3 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main gettext-base 0.13.1-1 [88.5kB]
Get:4 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main linux-kernel-headers 2.5.999-test7-bk-13 [1376kB]
Get:5 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main debconf-utils 1.4.3 [28.6kB]
Get:6 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main gettext 0.13.1-1 [1517kB]
Get:7 http://http.us.debian.org testing/main xml-core 0.04 [10.7kB]
Fetched 3161kB in 13s (226kB/s)
dpkg: `ldconfig' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `install-info' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 4 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin.

Of course I've checke the $PATH and tab-completed the commands in
question. The reason I'm crontabbing the upgrade is so that it happens
without having to wait for me (I crontab apt-get update as well). This
way my box is automagically kept up-to-date.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error running postrotate script error running postrotate script error running postrotate script run-parts:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

Should that be anything to worry about?
--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College