Re: No mouse in gpm: Resolved-Sort Of

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:45:46 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 at 06:41 GMT, Mark Healey penned:
>>
>> After trying several different values in gpm.conf, on a wile hair, I
>> decided to try bypassing my KVM switch.  That fixed it.
>>
>> This problem doesn't exist in Knoppix.
>>
>> It kind of sucks having an extra mouse on the table but I can live
>> with that for a while.
>>
>> It looks like something determines that there is no mouse attached
>> when it goes through the KVM.  Is anything I can do to fix this.
>>

>What brand of KVM switch, out of curiosity?

It's a Linksys 4 port.

>I have a Belkin 4-port switch, and when I used it to switch between a
>windows and a debian machine, the windows machine was perfectly happy,
>but the mouse pointer freaked out on the debian machine.  I ended up
>having to log out to whatever-dm and back in again, or something stupid.
>
>My understanding is that certain other KVM switches don't have this
>problem, but I don't know which.

The fact that this problem doesn't exist in Knoppix, windows or
Redhat indicates that debian has the problem.

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel
Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com
Don't bothor CCing or emailing this address.  Since spammers seem to be harvesting this
list anything that doesn't come from the list server is assumed to be spam and deleted.
ASUS A87V8X mobo w AMD Athalon
	Broadcom 4401 onboard nic
	with static IP Address
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Video card.