Re: Anaconda, where's the beef?

on Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 08:00:55PM +0800, David Palmer. (davidpalmer@westnet.com.au) wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:30:12 -0800
> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > on Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:05:59PM -0500, Fraser Campbell
> > (fraser@wehave.net) wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Apologies since this isn't really a Debian question but does anyone
> > > know where a person can download the anaconda port for Debian?  I
> > > saw the announcement a while back from Progeny but there were no
> > > links, binaries, source or hints as to when they might make it
> > > available. Perhaps they're waiting to get their  public subversion
> > > server ready?
> > >
> > > I'm hoping the port includes the ability to kickstart Debian, that
> > > would make it _very_ useful for me today.
> >
> > Good question.
> >
> > I just spent several minutes poking through the announcements, several
> > package archives (both standard Debian archives,
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp (ITP list),
> > http://www.apt-get.org/, and the #debian IRC channel.
> >
> > Your best bet may be to approach Progeny or Ian Murdoch directly on
> > this.
> >
> > ...and if you find out what the scoop is, please share!
> >
> I don't know why we have to go to Red Hat for something that Debian
> requires.
> This looks like everything that might be required here:-
>
> http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=455&page=1

/me nominates this article for "Most gratuitous use of photographs of a
monitor where screenshots would have sufficed".  VMWare, anyone?

Cutting to the chase, the article points to this page:

...though I see no mention of Anaconda on it.  Anyone know?

Peace.

    George W. Bush: Leadership without a doubt