Re: Any simple way to add modules w/o recompiling the kernel?

On 2003-11-07, Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> wrote:

> even on my moderately fast machine. Is there some shortcut for adding
> modules to an installation whose kernel structure will stay basically the
> same?

Look at package ccache
I use it, and it caches compiling, so compiling the same kernel again
with only some changes goes several times faster.

apt-get install ccache
ln -s /usr/bin/ccache /usr/local/bin/cc
ln -s /usr/bin/ccache /usr/local/bin/gcc

And compile your kernels as usual (fakeroot make-kpkg ...), you do not
have to change anything else. Your compilations will be cached
automaticly.

--
    Miernik         ________________________ jabber:miernik@amessage.info
___________________/__ tel: +48608233394 __/      mailto:miernik@ctnet.pl