Re: diffs between kernel-source-2.4.22 and source of kernel-image-2.4.22?

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 04:32, Herbert Xu wrote:
> David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, well, `even with the same config', meaning that I used the config
> > from kernel-image-2.4.22. That should work, shouldn't it?
>
> No it's not.  The precompiled images put vesafb in /lib/modules/*/initrd
> which means that it is loaded automatically by the initrd image.
>
> Unless you did the same with your package that would not happen.

That's it! I really thought that make-kpkg took care of that. Wading
through the kernel-package documentation it is not entirely clear to me
how to solve this...

How can you tell make-kpkg to place the vesafb.o module in the initrd
directory?

Thanks!

David

--
[Please don't CC me, I'm on the list]

Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!