Re: exim exposed to the internet

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 04:09, André Carezia wrote:
> Em Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:12:43 +0200, David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl>
> escreveu:
>
> > [...]
> > I had trouble with my ISPs mail server which was telling me that it
> > wasn't going to relay mail for me. [...]
>
> Maybe a new POP-before-SMTP scheme they're trying?

I certainly hope not! If they can't even distinguish between their own
network and a laptop from some other place on the internet... The fact
that I'm on their network means I've paid a lot of money and that I'm
allowed to send mail, right?

Anyway, if they were trying things out, they have stopped doing that.
But, I will certainly monitor my exim queues for some time...

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!