Re: Gnome 2 and window manager selection?

Todd Pytel <tppytel@sophrosune.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:00:23 -0400
> stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> > What window manager should I have installed?

> Metacity is the semi-official window manager for GNOME 2. Check to see
> if you've got that. Sawfish is also GNOME-compliant, but has some quirks
> that bug me. If you don't mind compiling, you might try Openbox 3.
> AFAIK, it's not in any apt repositories yet since it's still at Release
> Candidate phase.

Actually, there is an apt repository. You can put

deb http://www.hetzi.at/thomas/debian unstable/i386/
deb http://www.hetzi.at/thomas/debian unstable/all/
deb-src http://www.hetzi.at/thomas/debian unstable/source/

in your /etc/apt/sources.list and then do "apt-get install openbox3". As
far as I can see you still have to compile obconf from source, though.
That, along with documention, is available from http://openbox.org.

Regards,

Johan