Re: fetchmail

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:18:02 +1000,
"Joyce, Matthew" <MJoyce@ccia.org.au> wrote in message
<[🔎] C49522BBA18FD6118D7900A0C92BB5917B4BAB@CCIA_PDC>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Fetchmail and have a fetchmailrc in etc.
> Fetchmail starts and syslog show my messages being gathered.
>
> the problem is the messages do not end up in my home Maildir
> (courier-imap), they end up in spool somewhere.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> I've clearly missed something important.

.._end_ your .fetchmailrc with "mda '/usr/bin/procmail' ", to debug,
" set logfile "/home/arnt/var.log.maillog" " and 'tail -f  it.
Ditto for .procmailrc: "

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/ze-default
VERBOSE=yep
LOG="
"
LOGABSTRACT=all
LOG="My PATH is now $PATH
My SHELL is now $SHELL
"
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log-procmail
LOCKFILE=$MAILDIR/.lock-procmail

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 262144 msgid.cache

:0:
# * ^Subject:.*GAS-L.* |  * ^TO_gasif*@crest.org |
* ^TO_*@LISTSERV.REPP.ORG
Gas-List/.
" etc for each mail list etc, chk out info procmail and man fetchmail
for the gory details.

..to place your mail where you want it, also check out man formail, also
neat to rip apart digests: "EXAMPLES
       To split up a digest one usually uses:
              formail +1 -ds >>the_mailbox_of_your_choice
       or
              formail +1 -ds procmail ".  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: