Re: return of DNS problem-fixed!

Thank you all. You folks are TOPS!! I did an apt-get remove diald and
manually removed /var/cache/diald and it works!! my shell knowledge is
at a fledgling level so thamks for all the help. I hope I wasn't too
much of a bother. I went to the archives to look at the thread. I am off
the list again. I can't always check my mail every couple of hours. Most
of the problem is the swen. ( I must get a hundred and fifty messages
that look like they're from microsoft, daily)  Using online email and
x-mail's filters don't block anything that I can tell. Perhaps I'll find
another ,better, email solution. Thanks again I really do appreciate
your help.
If anyone wants to email me on this and/or email ideas-I'm open. JY

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.x-mail.net Web Based E-Mail, accessible anywhere

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
X-Mail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, 128 bit SSL Secure,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

X-Mail Premium: 20MB Messages, 100MB Storage, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com