Re: speedy spam

Op di 14-10-2003, om 19:36 schreef Jamin W. Collins:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 01:20:09PM -0400, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if anyone has thought of obfustcating email addresses on the
> > list's web archives? I wonder how many 'bots regularly scrape it for
> > addresses?
>
> Yes, they have, and it's been pointed out that most any obfuscation that
> doesn't break functionality can be easily undone by a script.

Why not strip e-mail addresses from web archives altogether?

Another way to collect addresses from a high volume mailing list like
debian-user is of course, simply to subscribe and wait for the addresses
to flow in.

I just think there's nothing you can do on the mailing list level, every
one should just take care of their own defences :(

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Olav.